For your visit to the Zoo
1. What are our hours of operation at the Zoo Sauvage?
Our hours of operation vary depending on the season when you will visit the zoo. Consult our section Schedule and fees.
3. How much does an entry ticket cost?
The cost of the ticket will vary depending on age and season. For many years now, the Zoo Sauvage has offered a two-day fee for the summer season. See our section Schedule and fees.
5. What is the train schedule for the visit of the Nature Park Trails (Parc des sentiers de la nature) and how much time does the ride last?
The train schedule varies according to the number of visitors. Ask the front desk clerk when you arrive at the zoo. The departures for the train ride in the Nature Park Trails (Parc des sentiers de la nature) are also announced by microphone directly on-site throughout the day.
7. Are pets allowed on the Zoo Sauvage site?
No. Pets are not authorized on the Zoo Sauvage site.
9. Can we bring our own lunches on the Zoo site?
Absolutely. You can enjoy your homemade lunch in one of our picnic areas or in one of our restaurant areas. Consult the section Restaurant and Picnic Spots for more details.
11. What are the directions to get to the Zoo?
Consult our section How to get to the Zoo? to find out the best directions for you.
13. What is included in the Walking Adventure in the Land of the Cervidae (Randonnée aventure au pays des cervidés) package?
This unique package lasts a day and a half. You will find the complete list of activities as well as the costs and terms of reservation in The Land of the Cervidae section.
2. How long does the visit to the Zoo last?
During the summer you have to calculate between five (5) and seven (7) hours for a complete visit of the Zoo. In the winter, the visit is shorter and you should calculate approximately four (4) hours. Take a look at our section What to do at the Zoo? to obtain more details on the activities offered at the Zoo Sauvage.
4. Do you offer family packages?
Yes. The Zoo Sauvage offers a family package as well as many services for both parents and children. Consult our section family for more information.
6. Do you offer hotel packages?
Many establishments offer Zoo Sauvage packages. Take a look at the Lodging section where you will find a complete list of the establishments.
8. Do you accept direct payment?
Yes. The Zoo Sauvage accepts direct payment in many places throughout the site. However, the Rental pavilion accepts cash only.
10. Is the Zoo site wheelchair and stroller accessible?
Yes. The whole Zoo site is accessible. You will be able to rent a stroller or a wheelchair when you arrive at the zoo. To obtain more details consult the Equipment Rentals section. You may also consult our People with Limited Mobility section to obtain the list of services adapted to a person with limited mobility.
12. Is the parking free?
Yes. The Zoo parking is free for all of our visitors
14. What are the Boreal Summer Camp activities and what are the available dates?
To find out about the programming and dates of the Summer Camps at the Zoo, consult our section Boreal Summer Camp.
15. How can I know if the Zoo is opened?
To learn about the schedule and the opening hours, click on the tab « Plan your visit » and then on « Schedule and rates ». In case of bad weather or other unusual event, the Zoo might exceptionally close. In that case, the Direction will inform the visitors at least one hour prior to the opening of the Zoo on Facebook, the Zoo website and the prerecorded message on the phone.